Tips For Installing Flexible Ducting
When Installing, Replacing, Or Correcting Existing Flexible Duct Problems…
Keep the friction loss characteristics of flexible ducting in mind and design with it in mind. Don’t use old ‘rule-of-thumb’ guidelines.
- Keep all flexible ducts as short and straight as possible.
- Limit the number of connections between the duct branch and the diffusers.
- Limit the connections between duct branch and VAV terminal units.
- Install without any kinks
- Support all elbow supports when making turns into buckets or plenums.
- Install with no more the 15% compression from full stretched length.
- Seal all connections with duct mastic and duct ties… (not use duct tape).