Residential Air Conditioning and Heating Load Calculations
Before you have your air conditioning and heating system replaced insist on having the installing company perform an accurate ”Manuel J Load” calculation on your home. An accurate load calculation will require…
- Localized outdoor design conditions.
- Personalized indoor design conditions.
- Building infiltration estimates.
- Solar Loads associated with glass.
- Duct loss and gain calculation.
- Conduction loads.
- Ventilation loads.
- Internal loads
It is not possible to correctly size an HVAC system without completing a Manuel J load calculation. Contractors who proceed without this important step put their clients at risk of having to live with over sized and/or undersized equipment and the resulting expenses and discomfort.