Carbon Monoxide Exposure
A home’s heating and air conditioning system should provide many years of trouble free service with proper maintenance. But heating systems won’t just keep chugging along, year after year, with little or no maintenance.
Improperly maintained heating equipment may compromise personal in home safety by becoming a fire hazard or causing dangerously high levels of Carbon Monoxide. Carbon Monoxide exposure can cause serious injury or death. Initial symptoms are similar to flu, and include headache, fatigue, shortness of breath, nausea and dizziness.
BE SAFE … INSTALL AND MAINTAIN A CARBON MONOXIDE ALARM.
Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless, tasteless gas that kills more than 500 Americans every year.
Open windows and doors to ventilate the rooms if you suspect Carbon Monoxide poisoning in your home. In severe cases of Carbon Monoxide exposure, evacuate the home.
Annual inspections of all systems that produce Carbon Monoxide are recommended by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission … including household furnaces and heating units.
Only trust your family’s health and safety to a qualified and licensed technician who will ensure the job is done properly, safely and according to code. Any safety inspection should include an initial furnace inspection and diagnostic test, a carbon monoxide test, an electrical components inspection, testing for gas leaks, and verification of safety shut off switches.
In addition to operating safely, your gas furnaces should also operate both efficiently. Using our Total Performance Diagnostic tool, AirOne can verify that your gas furnace producing the correct amount of heat and moving the right amount of air. Poor air flow is a major cause of heat exchanger failures that result in Carbon Monoxide exposure.